The following information explains how places at the Nursery will be allocated. If you would like any further information, please email email@example.com
Step 1 – Admission groups
Floreat Wandsworth applies the guidance provided by Wandsworth Borough Council.
Please click on this link to' Choose and Wandsworth Primary School '
A. Children living in the borough of Wandsworth recommended for a nursery place at that school by an allocated Social Worker or as part of an action plan agreed by a multi-disciplinary group, for example a Team Around the Child (TAC) or children who are the subject of adoption and special guardianship orders who were previously looked after by the Local Authority.
B. Children born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017 who live within the Wandsworth borough.
C. Children born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017 who live outside the Wandsworth borough.
Step 2 ‐ Admission criteria
If there are more nursery applications than places within the admission group that the school has reached, the school’s admission criteria will be used to decide which children can be offered a place within that group. Available places are those places available after existing parents have indicated their preference against their entitlement for the following term. The school will offer places in the following priority:
1. Children looked after and those who ceased to be children looked after because they were adopted, or because they became subject to a residence order or a special guardianship order.
2. Children with a professionally supported exceptional medical need or exceptional social need for a place at Floreat Wandsworth, as decided by the school’s governing body.
3. Brothers and sisters of children on the roll of the school on the date of admission.
4. Children in order of straight line distance from home to school as measured by Wandsworth Council’s Geographical Information System.
Tie Breaker: If there are more applications than places within any category, applications will be considered in order of straight line distance from home to school as measured by Wandsworth Council’s Geographical Information System.
Step 3 – Criteria for deciding type of place offered
Having applied the council and the school’s criteria, the Trustees of Floreat Education Academies Trust have agreed that the following process shall be followed to determine the offer of full-time and part-time places.
We have 33 places in our nursery and are offering 14 part-time places (morning or afternoon) and 19 full time places – for which the additional hours will be charged at a weekly price of £50 for parents who are eligible for 30 hours free childcare under the new arrangements. Parents eligible for 15 hours free childcare only will be charged at a rate of £162.50 per week.
The 14 free, part-time places shall be offered as 7 morning places (am) and 7 afternoon places (pm).
1. Applications received by Monday 3rd February 2020 shall be given a ranking from 1 to the number of applications received using the criteria described.
2. The first 19 applicants indicating full-time provision as their preference on the application, including existing parents, shall be offered a full time place.
3. Part time, am and pm places shall be offered to the remainder of applicants, in rank order, according to the first preference indicated on their application, up to the point where 7 am or pm places are filled.
4. The remainder of places, am or pm, shall be offered to the next applicants on the list who have indicated a first, second or third preference for the am or pm places remaining.
5. Places shall be offered to applicants in March 2020.
6. Following the first round of offers, any places not taken up, whether full-time or part-time, shall be reoffered to applicants who did not receive their first preference, in line with the process above and without regard to any interim statement of acceptance.
7. Applications received after the 3rd February 2020 deadline will be kept on file and added to the end of the waiting list once the main cycle of offers and acceptances has been concluded.